[metapost] Question: [MPLib, MetaFun, ConTeXt, LuaTeX] metapost logging and message primitive?

'Marco' netuse at lavabit.com
Tue Feb 26 14:16:00 CET 2013

On 2013–02–26 Colin Fraizer wrote:

> Thank you, Marco.  I just discovered that indeed you had pointed me
> to the right place.  I didn't realize that "ConTeXt standalone distribution"
> was the same as "the minimals from the contextgarden".

It used to be called minimals, but now it's renamed to ConTeXt
standalone, since people kept asking how to install the “maximals”
or the “full” version.

> Is that also the same as the "latest context beta and latest luatex beta"?

By default first-setup implies the cmd line switch --context=beta,
which is the latest beta version of ConTeXt. Approximately once or
twice per year a new luatex version is included in ConTeXt
standalone. It is updated automatically when you launch first-setup
again. This usually means the luatex version of ConTeXt standalone
is not quite up-to-date with the luatex SVN source. Latest luatex
beta refers to the latest version shipped with ConTeXt standalone.
There's usually no need to use a bleeding-edge SVN luatex version.

You can obtain the stable version of ConTeXt standalone with

  first-setup.sh --context=current

If you don't mind a few MiB disk space, I would suggest to use the
--modules=all and --fonts=all switches.

> (I think so.  The luatex obtained by your instructions lists its version as
> beta-0.70.2-2013021710.)

The version included in the latest beta is beta-0.74.0-2012122510.
Maybe you installed the stable version instead.

Marco