[metapost] [Fwd: [tex-live] Old metapost label issue]

Daniel Henry Luecking luecking at uark.edu
Thu Sep 27 20:33:04 CEST 2012

On Wednesday, September 26, 2012 at 9:31 AM,  Lars Madsen  wrote

> Back in 2010, I described a labelling problem in metapost regarding
> relative paths
>
> Here is Tacos answer
>
> http://www.tug.org/pipermail/tex-live/2010-February/024806.html
>
> Does anyone know the status of this? The problem still exists, but I'm
> not sure if this should be a bug or a feature due to security?

Since MetaPost processes TeX material on a per-file basis, the
verbatimtex  in one file will not be available to the btex in the
other file. So even if the path problem were worked out, this
example would still have problems if the input file used any
latex macros not available in plain tex.

Still, mpost should at least be able to run its mptotex  process
unless openin_any is set to r or p. It seems the failure happens in
that process:  no .tex file is produced  (under -debug it would
remain, and there is none).

It would be a help for debugging if it were possible (as it used to be)
to run mptotex (or mpto -tex) separately. Perhaps with an option  to
mpost like dvitomp? Note that there is still a message in the .log file
advising one to try running mptotex after such a failure.

I may have said all this before.

Dan

--
Daniel H. Luecking