[metapost] Pen stroking and tight curves

xiolyxioly xiolyxioly at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 22 05:55:52 CEST 2012

If y'all are interested in leveraging the prior work in the CAD/CAM and CAGD
fields, good places to start would be:

ftp://ftp.cs.technion.ac.il/pub/misc/gershon/papers/ff_minkowski_sum.pdf.gz
ftp://ftp.cs.technion.ac.il/pub/misc/gershon/papers/offset-compare.pdf.gz

I know that font design has some special requirements. I guess you
need to try hard to minimize the number of cubic segments, and you need
the junctions to be at specific places (places with horizontal or vertical tangents).
But, still, I think the prior work has some relevance.

bubba