[metapost] Trying to use MT1 to make outline fonts... (again)

Shriramana Sharma samjnaa at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 18:57:13 CEST 2012

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 10:19 PM, Dan Luecking <luecking at uark.edu> wrote:

> The "penstroke" macro also exists in plain.mp so, in fact, you can
> "do penstroke" in Metapost. You can also "do pen strokes", so I
> don't know what this statementis supposed to mean.

Hello and thanks for this clarification. As I am new to this world,
maybe my terminology is slightly off. Sorry about that.

What I want to say is: What attracts me to MF is that I can:

1) define a rotatable elliptical pen

2) tell it to hold the pen in a specified orientations at specific
locations on the path

3) draw a stroke through these locations (or rather draw an outline
through the points defined by the penpos commands and then fill it)

I wish to know whether the same is equally possible in MP/MT1. All
that ../.../--/--- things, tension/curl operators, {up} {dir} {angle}
stuff which is attractive  -- all that is possible here too? This is
what I (possibly awkwardly) mean by "doing a pen stroke".

--
Shriramana Sharma