[metapost] Trying to figure out MPLib

Shriramana Sharma samjnaa at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 18:52:52 CEST 2012

Just for the record:

On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 7:57 PM, Shriramana Sharma <samjnaa at gmail.com> wrote:
> So basically if there were a simple C library which would get MP style
> input for a path -- at least for the continuous curve parts of it not
> including straight lines (which are not an issue and are split up
> internally by MF/MP anyway) --

I realized there's a logical fallacy to my above statement. Not only
the continuous parts, but also the straight lines need to be evaluated
as part of the path, because the curves (barring {dir} or explicit
control specifications) will try to be as smoothly connecting to the
straight lines as possible. So it is necessary to know the straight
line segments also to determine the appropriate smoothening control
points for the curved segments.

--
Shriramana Sharma