[metapost] Trying to figure out MPLib

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Fri Aug 3 16:13:37 CEST 2012

On 08/03/2012 03:56 PM, Shriramana Sharma wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 6:45 PM, Taco Hoekwater <taco at elvenkind.com> wrote:
>> If you are not using fonts nor using labels, there really are no
>> dependencies to metapost, except for that silly kpathsea thing.
>
> Hi -- is it possible to fix this "sneaky dependency"? :-) I could
> clone/pull SVN or whatever if necessary.

Since 1.212 is the stable release, meaning that I am not eager to
create a 1.213 right now, and the current development source is a bit
unreliable (as Hans wrote already), by far the easiest solution is to
use the attached C file as an extra source:

   gcc -c -o fixkpse.o fixkpse.c
   gcc -c -o test.o test.c
   gcc -o test test.o fixkpse.o -L . -l mplib

But I will make sure to fix this fake dependency for the next stable
release of metapost / mplib.

Best wishes,
Taco