[metapost] a problem of label when using metapost

Dan Luecking luecking at uark.edu
Tue Nov 22 18:33:24 CET 2011

At 07:07 PM 11/21/2011, you wrote:
>On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 3:20 AM, Dan Luecking <luecking at uark.edu> wrote:
> >
> > Examine the files that remain if you run mpost with option
> > --debug. In cases where the tex label production fails, the
> > relevent files are mpxerr.tex and mpxerr.log. (At least they
> > are named that in my version of metapost: 1.506.) When the
> > label making succeeds, the files have some random names
> > beginning with "mpa".
>
>The error says nothing about amsmath package, but the fact is, to
>exclude the package,
>It does works.

How many times do we have to tell you: tell us the *exact*
error message. It does very little good to say "the error
says nothing about amsmath". That rules out only one
possibility! There are many others.

In fact, this error is so strange you should just send
the whole mpxerr.log file.

Regards,
Dan

Daniel H. Luecking