[metapost] a problem of label when using metapost

source liu sourceonly at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 13:38:40 CET 2011

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 5:58 AM, Nicola <nvitacolonna at gmail.com> wrote:
> In article
> <CAAzVxgP5WjYR7N27LKyjkh5mSR0z2M1nxiYjfYkO-xjP3UEgLQ at mail.gmail.com>,
>  source liu <sourceonly at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Its really nice of you
>>
>> > A minimal MetaPost file for me using LaTeX labels and embedding fonts (so
>> > that
>> > the resulting output is self-contained) might look like:
>>
>> > === begin cut here ===
>> >
>> > prologues:=3;
>> > verbatimtex
>> > %&latex
>> > \documentclass{minimal}
>>
>> which i used is *article* or *book* rather than
>> yours minimal,  and i do find reference on manuals or blogs
>> to support my choice.
>>

>> > \begin{document}
>> > etex
>>
>> almost the same, expect for my prologue goes here, after etex.
>>

>> > beginfig(0);
>> > label(btex *somethinghere* etex,origin);
>> > endfig;
>> >
>> > end
>> >
>> > === end cut here ===
>>

>> > This should work.  If it doesn't you might try manually making sure that
>> > MetaPost
>> > is being called to use LaTeX to typeset the labels by
>> >
>> > mpost -tex=latex foo.mp
>>
>> i've tried it,  it halt when it first came to \documentclass, it seem
>> not to recognize the control
>> sequence.
>
> Going on guessing: which version of mpost are you using? If by chance it happens
> to be 1.501, note that mpost 1.501 has a bug related to %&latex, which you
> circumvent by either passing '-tex latex' to mpost, or write

no, mpost --version gives 1.208. thanks, it seems only pass the
-tex=latex works, regardless
of
%&latex is written or not, at the very position.

but if it appears before verbatimtex, it would be warned
"/some/path/of/my/tex/latex.fmt" is not a
mem file

--
Liu An
Institution of modern physics, Shanghai, China