[metapost] defaultcolormodel

Stephan Hennig mailing_list at arcor.de
Fri Jul 8 12:31:52 CEST 2011

schrieb luigi scarso:
> 2011/7/8 Karel <akk64 at quick.cz>:
>> Taco Hoekwater napsal(a):

>>> Yes.
>>>

>> I think it is not the case. I tried
>>
>> defaultcolormodel:=3;
>>
>> beginfig(0);
>> defaultcolormodel:=3;
>> draw fullcircle scaled 10mm withcolor .5white;
>> endfig;

There must be some colour to output anything even if no withcolor
statement is given (including drawoptions).  Think about MetaFont that
has no notion of colours, yet it has to distinguish between pixels that
have been touched by a pen and those that haven't in the output.  This
'implicit' black is what defaultcolormodel refers to (and what I meant
by 'black ink').

Best regards,
Stephan Hennig