[metapost] metapost a svg

Dan Luecking luecking at uark.edu
Fri Oct 1 22:44:32 CEST 2010

At 05:16 AM 10/1/2010, you wrote:
>I have found the reason for difference:
>mpost uses points, but inkscape reads in the numbers as px. I have
>no experience with this unit, but found that the ratio px/pt
>corresponds exactly to my previous observation.

"px" usually means "pixel". This, of course, is resolution dependent.
I recall I used to have a lot of problems with some bitmap to ps
conversion programs, until I learned how to use their resolution
options. The default always seemed to be 1 pixel = 1 point. It is
also the case that PDF assumes 72 pixels to the inch unless
otherwise informed.

Typical screens have about 80-100 pixels to the inch (96 on
the one in front of me now), so 72 pixels would be 80% of an
inch, more or less.

Dan

Daniel H. Luecking
Department of Mathematical Sciences