[metapost] [dev-context] MetaPost 1.501 (alpha version)

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Mon Jul 26 10:35:15 CEST 2010

Hi Nicola,

Thanks a lot for trying stuff!

On 07/26/2010 09:48 AM, Nicola wrote:

> I get errors when trying to use a mem file different from plain. The
> following:
>
> beginfig(0);
>     path p; p := unitsquare xscaled 3cm yscaled 3cm;
>     circular_shade(p, 0, yellow, red) ;
> endfig;
> end.
>
> compiled with
>
> mpost -mem=metafun test.mp
>
> results in a segmentation fault and an emtpy log file.

Same here, I'll try to fix that later today.

> And trying to typeset a MetaFont file with
>
> mpost -mem=mfplain test.mf
>
> produces the following error:
>
> This is MetaPost, version 1.501 (kpathsea version 6.0.0dev)  26 JUL 2010
> 09:45
> **try-mfplain.mf
> (mfplain.mp
> Preloading the plain base, version 0.99: preliminaries,
>   basic constants and mathematical macros,
>   macros for converting units,
>   macros and tables for various modes of operation,
>   macros for drawing and filling,
>   macros for proof labels and rules,
>   macros for character and font administration,
> and a few last-minute items.)
> ! Attempt to close the bottom level file!.

This is not really a bug, more an incompatibility. In the new
system, 'mem' files have to stop with 'dump', but the current
mfplain.mp in the distrution doesn't do that yet (a similar problem
is with plain.mp, but that is why we have mpost.mp).

If you add a 'dump;' at the end of mfplain.mp, this problem
will go away.

Best wishes,
Taco