[metapost] using MPXMAINCMD fails when it contains space

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Fri May 22 09:53:26 CEST 2009

Hi Martin,

Martin Budaj wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> there is a problem when trying to use metapost btex...etex labels in
> the Windows environment where 1) tex binary is not in a path and 2)
> its installation directory contains space.
>
> Older metapost version (0.641) had no problems using
>   MPXCOMMAND = "$SELFAUTOLOC/makempx.exe"
> in texmf.cnf to generate labels. For latest version (1.200) I changed it to
>   MPXMAINCMD = "$SELFAUTOLOC/tex.exe"

> but metapost fails (producing no mpxerr.log as advised)

Independent of the actual problem, I'll see if I can fix that message,
it actually should say "makempx.log" in cases like this.

> I am not sure if all windows version require this modification (tested
> just on XP).

Thanks for that patch. It turns out that a similar fix is needed on the
unix side of things, so I will move it outside of the #ifdef.

Metapost 1.201 will likely be released early next week, btw.

Best wishes,
Taco