[metapost] interaction in mpost

Dan Luecking luecking at uark.edu
Fri Mar 27 17:29:33 CET 2009

At 07:17 PM 3/26/2009, Stephan Hennig wrote:
>Dan Luecking schrieb:
>
> > However, these Metapost mode commands are not documented in
> > my version of mpman (dated May 13, 2008, documenting MP ver. 1.005).
>
>There will be a short description of the mpost command-line switches in
>the next manual edition.  However, nothing more than
>
>   --interaction=string     Set interaction mode to one of
>                            batchmode, nonstopmode, scrollmode,
>                            errorstopmode.

I didn't mean the command line switches are undocumented. I would
expect that to be documented elsewhere (e.g., mpost --help). I
meant that the 4 metapost commands to set the mode, namely
   batchmode
   errorstopmode
   nonstopmode
   scrollmode
are not documented. In case others don't know this: you can put
   scrollmode;
in your mp source, with behavior exactly like putting \scrollmode
in your tex source. This set of commands is omitted from mpman
and I don't think it should be.

> >   - Three of the <message command>s are missing from the index:
> >     message, ermessage and errhelp.
>
>They are nowhere described in mpman.

They are listed in the syntax diagram for <message command>. For
now, a link to that would be expected.

>They are nowhere described in mpman.  I'll try to find a place to
>squeeze them in (section "Debugging"?).

That seems a good idea.

Dan

Daniel H. Luecking
Department of Mathematical Sciences
University of Arkansas
"Dubito ergo cogito, cogito ergo sum" --Descartes