[metapost] subpath description in The METAFONTbook

Stephan Hennig mailing_list at arcor.de
Fri Mar 27 01:33:13 CET 2009

Hi,

the subpath description in mpman is rather brief.  I remember an
in-depth discussion of the behaviour of subpath for various parameter
combination in The METAFONTbook and I want to add a reference to that
page in mpman.  Could anybody with the 1986 edition of The METAFONTbook
please research the exact page number?  According to Google, it could be
around p.133, but this is probably in another edition:
<URL:http://books.google.de/books?q=subpath(t1,t2)>

Best regards,
Stephan Hennig

Our BibTeX reference:

@book{kn:c,
	author = "D. E. Knuth",
	note = "Volume C of {\it Computers and Typesetting}",
	title = "The {\MF}book",
	publisher = "Addison Wesley",
	address = "Reading, Massachusetts",
	year = 1986