[metapost] extract names of glyphs in font?

Steve White stevan.white at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 1 11:26:17 CET 2009

Hi, Daniel,

On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 1:41 AM, Daniel Luecking <luecking at uark.edu> wrote:

> [...]
I tried inserting
     tracingtitles:=1;
into my mpost command (is this what you meant?).  It had no effect I
could see, on the command output, or on the output files.

Whoops.  The document mpman.pdf lists 'tracingtitles' in Table 12
under "Defined as no-ops in the mfplain package".

> Your only hope would seem to be to search for them and incorporate them
> into a command that does what you want, such as write a special to the
> output file.

OK, I was hoping for a neater solution, but now I see the possibility
for an ad-hoc script to read the .mf files for lines like
    xbeginchar(oct"143",15FX#,18.9FY#,0); "ghu";
and thus associate the octal character number with the name string.

Thanks!

(Any other bright ideas?)