[metapost] how to use mpstoeps on a Windows machine

Yogeshwarsing Calleecharan yogeshwarsing.calleecharan at ltu.se
Wed Dec 2 11:27:23 CET 2009

I quote and earlier message in this thread from Taco Hoekwater:

It does in fact create eps, but it still uses the default naming
scheme. To prevent having to rename the output figures, add

   outputtemplate:="%j-%c.eps";

to the metapost source.

Yes you're correct. But it has to be renamed as mentioned above. To
avoid doing the renaming manually, I added the line mentioned above in
the mp source.

Even with prologues:=3 set in gnuplot, the generated mp file doesn't
have the statement prologues:=3. So I have to add these two lines at the
beginning in the mp file:

prologues:=3
outputtemplate:="%j-%c.eps";

So in my case, it is not just a renaming of the mp output to eps which I
have to do. Instead, I have to include the above two lines in my mp
source before running mpost or mp.

Best Regards,
Yogeshwarsing