[metapost] straight lines vs. curves (SVG)

Boguslaw Jackowski jacko at bop.com.pl
Mon Apr 27 10:07:02 CEST 2009

Hi,

> On the C implementation side, it is much easier&faster to check for
> a straightness flag in the knot node than to check the control point
> locations, so it is almost certain that the executable would not use
> the pre- and postcontrol points at all for straight segments.

OK, your choice. My choice will be the MP implementation of the straight
segments with control points overlapped with nodes. ;-)

More seriously, I agree that a flag is a useful and reasonable
implementational trick. Still, for further processing of the
output, it is nice to have "genuine straight" line segments,
distinguishable from a plethora of weird pseudo-straight lines...
(e.g., such that look as they were straight lines but acually are loops).

Cheers -- Jacko

--
BOP s. c.
ul. Bora-Komorowskiego 24, 80-377 Gdansk, Poland