[metapost] Open/True Type Fonts

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Sat May 17 22:58:54 CEST 2008

On Sat, May 17, 2008 at 10:42 PM, Troy Henderson wrote:
> Anyway, I tried to reverify this, and it compiles this
> time (except that I had to change your fillcircle to fullcircle typo).
>  I now get a foo-mpgraph.1.  However, the fonts don't appear to be
> embedded like they are if one uses prologues:=3 in MetaPost.  Thus,
> GhostScript can't view the foo-mpgraph.1 correctly.

Why do you need foo-mpgraph.1? It's only a temporary intermediate file
(ctxtools --purge will delete it) that ConTeXt parses to produce the
final foo.pdf. There are absolutely no fonts embed there, but they're
not needed. As Taco explained, ConTeXt works in such a way that
metapost only takes care of the drawing, while TeX takes care of the
labels and proper fonts.

I guess that GS View should be able to display foo.pdf without any
problems. After all, XeTeX itself doesn't generate any postscript
files either.

Mojca