[metapost] MetaPost reference manual 1.003

Stephan Hennig mailing_list at arcor.de
Thu Mar 27 19:44:40 CET 2008

Лидовский Владимир schrieb:

> Can you explain me the reason of placing withprescript, withpen,
> dashed, withcolor, etc. options into one table together with commands
> like addto, draw, etc.?

These macros have been moved to table 8, because they might be part of a
command specification.  The with... class of macros have only been
listed in figure 61 until recently, but those syntax diagrams don't
contain page references (which was the motivation to additionally list
them in a table).

It's not the best solution, but there are plans to build appendix A
(reference manual) automatically from mp.web, replacing the many
different tables and figures by one (or maybe two) tables.

> BTW I've found that paragraph about `mpversion' internal variable still
> refers to 1.000 version.

Fixed.  Thanks!

Best regards,
Stephan Hennig