[metapost] mpman: title page

Dirk Laurie dpl at sun.ac.za
Mon Mar 3 08:16:11 CET 2008

Taco Hoekwater skryf:
> That we happen to have a font containing only AEFMNOPST does not mean
> that this font should therefore be used for names consisting of AEFMNOPST.

The letters P and S were added to the original seven letters by Donald
Knuth himself so that it would be possible to typeset METAPOST in that
font.  That particular name is therefore in a unique position.

> In the Maps journal I suppress all such 'typographic logo effects'
> except for the lowered E in Knuth's \TeX macro, because they are
> distracting to the reader and generally make typeset material look
> like high school papers.

Others may say that using capital letters in the middle of a word
makes typeset material look like source code written by someone who
has read too many C++ or Java style guides.

It's a matter of taste.  Let's not be prescriptive about this.

Dirk