[metapost] MPlib beta 1.080

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Thu Jul 3 09:52:48 CEST 2008

Dan Luecking wrote:

> I am not sure what your point is. Some program was unable to find
> C:/TL2007/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf even though its directory was on

ah, it was not clear to me that you had a cnf file there

> the list of directories searched. All programs in TeXLive 2007
> search that directory and succeed in finding texmf.cnf without
> any TEXMFCNF variable needing to be set. This includes TeX. This
> failure to find texmf.cnf happens only with label creation, so
> perhaps mpost is not calling TeX correctly.

when no TEXMFCNF var is set, autoparent and such are used i.e. relative
to the calling binary so if kpse is used it should work ok

i see (in the texmf,cnf from tl2008)

% What MetaPost runs to make MPX files.  This is passed an option -troff
% if MP is in troff mode.  Set to `0' to disable this feature.
MPXCOMMAND = makempx

% Used by makempx to run TeX.  We use "etex" because MetaPost is
% expecting DVI, and not "tex" because we want first line parsing.
TEX = etex

maybe you also need to set the TEX variable

Hans