[metapost] mpman: title page

Stephan Hennig mailing_list at arcor.de
Fri Feb 29 14:31:10 CET 2008

Hi,

A.  MetaPost logo

since the new MetaPost wiki uses the logo font for advertising the
subject of interest I thought we should use the logo for the title page
of mpman, too.  I know that John Hobby preferred writing 'MetaPost' over
the logo, but I do not mean to use the logo throughout the manual, but
just on the title page, analogous to the wiki.

What do people think?

B.  Title page  (This is related, so no new mail.)

If we can agree to use the logo on the title page, would someone please
implement a new title page?  I mean nothing fancy, just logo and
remaining text properly sized and spaced.  Scaling the logo can be done
with \scalebox.  Currently, we use \maketitle to build the title page,
but I think we should switch to the titlepage environment.
Additionally, I'd like to have the creating date on the title page
again.  Along the lines

             METAPOST    <-- not at base font size
          A User's Manual

           John D. Hobby
  and the MetaPost development team

      documented version: 1.000
           29. February 2008

The MetaPost source code can be downloaded from the SVN repository by

svn checkout svn://scm.foundry.supelec.fr/svn/metapost
svn checkout http://scm.foundry.supelec.fr/svn/metapost

or just for the manual

svn checkout svn://scm.foundry.supelec.fr/svn/metapost/manual
svn checkout http://scm.foundry.supelec.fr/svn/metapost/manual

Any takers?

Best regards,
Stephan Hennig