[metapost] C++ API for outputting data

Andrew Wyld andrew.wyld at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 18:53:22 CET 2008

Hi,

Sorry at what's probably a very newbish question but I couldn't find
anything on this searching the archives.

Is there an extant API for outputting data from a C++ program in metapost
format?

I am doing a PhD and want, specifically, to ouptut bivariate data but no
really good tools for doing this are available to me; it struck me I might
as well cut out the graphical middleman and simply output the data as
metapost instructions, then incorporate these directly into the TeX.  If an
API exists already of course there is no point reinventing the wheel.

If none does, I shall write something myself, and post any useful results
here if you think it desirable.

Thanks,

Andrew Wyld