[metapost] Problem with defaultscale

Oliver Buerschaper oliver.buerschaper at mpq.mpg.de
Fri Aug 8 10:28:00 CEST 2008

>> One more thing perhaps … I just realized that this scales the text
>> *after* TeX typeset it, doesn't it? Now how can I make TeX itself
>> typeset the text at the right font size (especially math) such that
>> I get the opticals right? Would I have to use a preamble like the
>> one Laurence suggested?
>
> Yes, something like that. But as noted already: redefining math
> fonts isn't a lot of fun, so you may decide not to bother (I certainly
> wouldn't).

Yes, you're absolutely right … fiddling with the fonts is going to
spoil my day!

Now what about this: I've just realized that mptopdf actually runs a
ConTeXt background process that appears to have its default font size
set to 12pt. Incidently, my TeX labels come out at exactly 12pt …
since I'm almost always going to use mptopdf as a compiler anyway
could I perhaps make it run the ConTeXt process at 10pt font size?

Thus I'd probably get the opticals right and someone else would do the
fiddling for me ;-)

Oliver