[metapost] problem with drawoptions and fake Euro symbol

Stephan Hennig mailing_list at arcor.de
Sun Nov 18 18:26:12 CET 2007

Hi Taco,

is it correct that to some degree you agree there is a bug in the
current behaviour?

Taco Hoekwater schrieb:

>> the circle wouldn't obey drawoptions as well, since the pic originated
>> from an mpx file?
>
> No. Just after its initial creation, each of the objects that result
> from the addto commands resulting from the btex ... etex stuff would be
> flagged as coming from an mtx file, and that flag value would be checked
> whenever a <drawing option> would be applied later to that particular
> object. A <drawing option is> one of:  withpen, dashed, withprescript|
> withpostscript, or one of the various color-related options.

Ah, it's a property of single text or stroked items, even better!  Let
me add some ideas:

*  I think it should be possible to access this property of an item
within an image via a new, e.g., 'external' primitive in analogy to the
stroked, filled or textual primitives.

*  It should be possible to change that property of an item.  Or there
should be a global internal variable that lets one choose between the
old and the new behaviour.

The latter can be useful when there is material of a picture environment
inside btex..etex.  Admittedly, this is a strange use-case, since why at
all should a picture environment be used from MetaPost?  At least, I
have a strong feeling that user should be able to access and configure
this part of MetaPost.

> PS I just noticed there is a typo on manual page 87.
> It says "withrgcolor" in the syntax description.

I'll fix this.

Best regards,
Stephan Hennig