[metapost] problem with drawoptions and fake Euro symbol

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 03:24:30 CET 2007

On 11/15/07, Reinhard Kotucha wrote:
> Stephan Hennig writes:
>
>  > There are several items in gnuplot I would like to see changed:
>
> What I'd like to see changed is that options can be specified in an
> arbitrary order.  Or is there a good reason for this inconvenience?

Which options in particular?
I never had problems in specifying options for terminals in arbitrary
orded (but every terminals parses the options on its own, so some
terminals might behave really bad if nobody is maintaining them),
except when plotting functions (where it might be a mixture of things
that may not be mixed and things that are not implemented in the best
possible way).

> There are many relicts which should better be removed.  At least from
> the manual.  There is no TeX distribution today which doesn't at least
> support PostScript.  I'm sure that during the last ten years *nobody*
> used the Metafont driver.  It should better be removed, at least from
> the manual.

Removing the terminal might be tricky (you never know who uses it),
but removing it from the manual would indeed be sensible. There was
some discussion about applying "obsolete" flags to terminals (but
never implemented so far). But compared to dozens of obsolete printers
and plotters still being available in gnuplot, metafont is not even
that bad and obsolete at all :)

Mojca