[metapost] [bug] documentation of length operator

Dan Luecking luecking at uark.edu
Mon Mar 5 23:34:24 CET 2007

At 09:13 AM 3/4/2007, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>although I didn't find anything about that in mpman and mpgraph the
>length operator is perfectly happy operating on strings:

The metapost and metafont language are the same. The reference
manual for the metapost language is Knuth's "MetafontBook".
The file mpman is really a "Not so Short Introduction to Metapost".
I haven't read them lately, but mpman or mpintro used to say as much.

Dan

Daniel H. Luecking
Department of Mathematical Sciences
University of Arkansas
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own" --Adam Savage