[metapost] Metapost 0.994 beta released

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Mon Feb 12 18:12:50 CET 2007

Hi all,

I am pleased to announce that a beta version of the upcoming
MetaPost release can be downloaded:

    https://foundry.supelec.fr/frs/?group_id=13&release_id=210

There is a source distribution available, and also binary
packages for linux and win32 (cross-compiled using mingw32).

There are only a few differences compared to the previous beta:

Bug fixes:
* the error for 'special's longer then 255 characters
   is removed, so specials can now be of any length.
* there was an extra empty line in the output; that is
   removed.

New:
* I have added provisional test code for the new turningnumber
   implementation. This code is not actually used, but if you
   set tracingcommands to 2 (or even 3), then it will output
   some debugging information to the terminal screen.

Have fun,

Taco