[metapost] How to convert .mp file into jpg file?

Dan Luecking luecking at uark.edu
Wed Aug 29 18:24:32 CEST 2007

At 06:08 AM 8/29/2007, José Carlos Santos wrote:

>Add
>
>\pagestyle{empty}
>
>to your LaTeX file. Let us suppose that the name of this file is
>image.tex. Compile it with LaTeX and then apply dvips to the
>image.dvi file, doing
>
>dvips -E -o image.eps image
>
>Then use Ghostscript with the -dEPSCrop option to turn it into a JPEG
>file. Under Windows, I would do something like:

The only real reason for running metapost output through tex is to
get the fonts embedded. But MetaPost 1.000 can embed the fonts
itself (with sufficiently high value of prologues).

Thus just using convert or gs to convert EPS to JPEG should be
sufficient.

But does one really want to turn MetaPost line art into jpeg?
A lossless bitmap format like png would seem better. Surely
emacs can handle that formst?

Dan

Daniel H. Luecking
Department of Mathematical Sciences
University of Arkansas
"Dubito ergo cogito, cogito ergo sum" --Descarte