[metapost] latex text along a curve

Manuel Yguel Manuel.Yguel at inrialpes.fr
Fri Aug 3 17:56:12 CEST 2007

>> It is to put some equation on a curved path (the equation of an angle)
>> and there  is no fraction and square  root. In fact I  test these math
>> things with asymptote and it does not work at all.
>
> 8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------
> size(12cm);
> import labelpath;
> path g=xscale(0.75)*subpath(unitcircle,0,2);
> labelpath("$a^2(x-u)^2+b^2(y-v)^2=1$",reverse(g));
> draw(g);
> 8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------
>
> result here: http://cjoint.com/?ido4XwnH3g

I was not clear enough in what I wrote before: for my equation, asymptote
works of course. That was the subject of the previous mail (I really enjoy
that).
But Stephan is right to point me out that his package is really much more
powerfull, especially with the square roots and the fractions (that were
the math stuff I was speaking about).

So I propose that we skip the proposed troll on the advantages and
drawbacks of both metapost and asymptote, and directly ask Stephan if he
thinks that porting his work in asymptote will be a complexe challenge.

- sincerely

Manuel