[metapost] latex text along a curve

Stephan Hennig mailing_list at arcor.de
Thu Aug 2 18:34:56 CEST 2007

[Resending this to the list.]

Manuel Yguel schrieb:

> is it possible to draw latex text along a curve ?

Have a look at the textpath.mp package.

> I try the txp package which work well with string but not with a
> string converted to a latex object which is a picture if I understand
> well.

Yes, textpath decomposes that picture to access single letters.  There
are some limitations to the text, since textpath internally has to
letter-space the text by the soul package first, but plain text should
work (of course, then typeset by LaTeX).  I'll see if I can utilize the
microtype package for the internal letter-spacing to lift some
limitations to the text argument in a future version (not expected to be
coming soon), namely using different fonts in /one/ text argument.  (An
even better solution were native letter-wise access to pictures by
MetaPost.)

Best regards,
Stephan Hennig