[metapost] Conformance to Document Structuring Conventions Specification ver 3.0

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Mon Feb 13 10:55:26 CET 2006

Hi,

>>   > Cool, as long as it's optional and not the default.  Having every
>>   > mp figure include every font would be a disaster for the 90% case
>>   > of the figures being included in TeX (or other) documents where
>>   > the fonts are already present.

I was thinking of prologues := 2 (or something even higher).

>> I'm wondering why metapost with prologues:=1 loads the tfm files but
>> does not provide any kerning.

Because it already has btex ... etex for advanced typesetting.
Otherwise. there would be unnecessary duplication of code, since
the output of makempx does contain kerning and ligatures.

> if i'm right it also does not read vf files

Right, and that is quite a bit harder to fix.

Cheers, Taco