[metapost] A couple of basic questions

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 00:01:18 CET 2006

On 2/9/06, Will Robertson wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've finally started to look into metapost for plotting my graphs,
> since it seems like the best options with regards to graph output
> quality and being able to blend the graph labels with the body text
> of whichever document the graph is placed in.
>
> My first question is: has no-one created anything more advanced than
> mpgraph?

I don't know what you're looking for, but you can take a look at
http://www.pragma-ade.com/general/manuals/metafun-s.pdf, section 9.3.
(If you feel there is some functionality that could be added there,
write to the author.)

I use Gnuplot for drawing graphs (with metapost output). It doesn't
offer you as much flexibility as writing your own metapost macros for
drawing functions, but it might do more complex calculations and
fitting for you.
I'm a beginner, but if you have any suggestions about what could be
improved in metapost output, please drop me a note. (I'm slowly
working on an slightly improved version of metapost output; stressed
on *slowly*.)

To Reinhard: thanks for the PyX link.

Mojca