[metapost] mp documentation

Brooks Moses bmoses at stanford.edu
Tue Mar 1 04:56:32 CET 2005

At 06:37 PM 2/28/2005, Larry Siebenmann wrote:
>Hi Wlodek!
>  >  What about moving the whole Appendix B ``New Languague Features''
>  >  from the Technical Report 164 to the mpost user manual?
>Good idea!
>
>While waiting for that to happen, could we not put into circulation a
>"PDF-with-type1" version of the cited technical report. I have a
>".dvi" version, however without the ".epsf's". I also have a ".ps"
>version but bitmapped. I even have a "PDF-with-type1" version with
>some pages out of order.  Could you put together one correct
>"PDF-with-type1" version from this raw material!

That's the hard way around; the LaTeX source is available on TeXlive, here:
http://www.tug.org/ftp/texlive/Contents/testinstalled/texmf-dist/doc/metapost/base/source/

Further, the README in that directory notes that the .tex files were
updated to a "more modern LaTeX" style -- and, if you go up a directory
level, you'll find reprocessed PDF files to match, which are nice clean
versions with type-1 fonts and proper margins and the pages all in the
right order.

(Well, mostly proper margins; the mpman.pdf file seems to be a half-inch
too high.)

- Brooks