[metapost]

Boguslaw Jackowski bop at bop.com.pl
Wed Jan 19 11:39:50 CET 2005

Taco:
> I definately agree with Hans. The only reason I use MF these
> days is because I am still more comfortable with the mf -> pk ->
> bitmap trace -> fontmonger -> pfb route than the MetaType1 system.

This is exactly the reason, why we should not forget about MF: there
is a good amount of code written in MF which cannot be *easily* converted
to METATYPE1 or METAWHATNOT. And since nowadays standard font engines
(for processing PFB, TTF and OTF formats) do not accept pen strokes and
MF-oriented bitmap operations, I don't think that the situation will change
before long.

-- Jacko

--
BOP s. c.
ul. Bora-Komorowskiego 24, 80-377 Gdansk, Poland