[OS X TeX] producing a commentary in TeX of an existing PDF document (various particular items)

Bernhard Barkow bb at creativeeyes.at
Sat Apr 29 21:27:52 CEST 2006

On 29.04.2006, at 15:18, Victor Ivrii wrote:
> On 4/29/06, Bernhard Barkow <bb at creativeeyes.at> wrote:
>> [...]
>
> While automatisation is rather universal, my goal was to provide
> comment on the same
> page as the original one; to do not just include some page but place
> it maximum to the right to have its right margin cut almost completely
> leaving me with minipage on the left
> to put my comments. An extra page should be added if needed.
>
> Also eso-pic allows me to place a colored writing even on the
> commented document.
> However since I have a very little control over ThisGuyDoc (just to
> move the page or scale it; flipping or rotation does not seem to have
> much sense :-) there is a lot of hand-work.

Ah, sorry, I did not realize this first, and was too trapped in my
own ideas/requirements. This is a different approach, but worth a
closer look, it seems.

The whole task is probably impossible to accomplish without a lot of
hand-work anyway, but at least if math is involved, it's probably
still a viable alternative to using Acrobat.
Sometimes I get to read manuscripts that might actually benefit from
flipping or rotating (though they are not RTL text), I should
consider this further...

Bernhard

___________________ gpg key ID _ A89F09C45921020D __