[OS X TeX] producing a commentary in TeX of an existing PDF document (various particular items)

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Sat Apr 29 00:27:00 CEST 2006

On 4/28/06, Jason Davies <ucgajpd at ucl.ac.uk> wrote:
> I asked a little while ago about this topic and was pointed towards using the class memoir. However, it turns out that that will not work in practice so I've decided instead to use the original document in the following way:
>
> 1) create individual pdfs of each page of the original document
> 2) include them as graphics as the right hand page (ie alternating)
> 3) add my commentary on the left.

I use the following approach when I am getting pdf document for
reviewing (since Acrobat
notes are clearly unable to handle math). Using eso-pic package to
include document
\begin{minipage}{0.35\paperwidth}
\color{red}
\title{My remarks}

\maketitle
Neumann Laplacian is a very special animal, deeply different in the
irregular domains from  Dirichlet Laplacian and this must be explained
in details.

\bigskip

great paper but.

\bigskip
I suggest to ....

\bigskip\bigskip
Not clear what ``less stringent estimate'' means.

\smallskip
real BS

\end{minipage}

\AddToShipoutPicture*{ \put(200,0){%
   \parbox[b][\paperheight]{\paperwidth}{%
     \vfill
     \centering
    {\includegraphics[width=\paperwidth,height=\paperheight,page=5,%
                      keepaspectratio]{ThatGuyDoc.pdf}}%
     \vfill
}}}

Note that one can indicate a page to be included. Not sure that it is
what you are looking for