[OS X TeX] TeX problem on Mac BookPro

David Watson dewatson at mac.com
Thu Apr 27 06:40:14 CEST 2006

You might want to try the command-line "sudo mktexlsr" as a first
stab at your problem. You might additionally want to move your local
additions to /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local unless i am way off
base here, in which case I am sure to be reprimanded shortly.

At any rate, if you move your own macros to the texmf.local
subdirectory, things tend to work as they did in the old days (except
you don't have user-specific overrides to the original packages). I
think something must have happened with kpathsea over the last couple
of years, and now, for some reason, it doesn't work with our new
systems.

I hope you find a better answer, and that you can continue your work
until someone more knowledgeable gives us both a clue.