[OS X TeX] source2e.(tex|pdf)

Ralph Martin Ralph.Martin at cs.cardiff.ac.uk
Wed Apr 26 16:29:25 CEST 2006

On 26 Apr 2006, at 3:05, Gerben Wierda wrote:

> The sources for texmf.tetex can be found as
>
> ftp://tug.ctan.org/tex-archive/systems/unix/teTeX/current/distrib/
> tetex-texmfsrc-3.0.tar.gz
>
> it is a 55MB archive. It would be most correct if I were to offer a
> source i-Package. Given that roughly 99.999999999% of TeX users do
> not want or need the source and that it is freely available in a
> zillion places, I wonder if that is where I should spend the little
> time I have.

Compromise - add a few lines in the ReadMe telling people telling
people what the source is, why it isnt included, and where to
download it if they want to. This seems to satisfy (i) the spirit of
making it available to users, (ii) download time (iii) your work,
apart from the epsilon of updating the readme.

Best wishes

Ralph
--
Prof Ralph Martin           Phone: +44(0)29 2087 5536
School of Computer Science  Fax:   +44(0)29 2087 4598
Cardiff University          Email: mailto:ralph at cs.cf.ac.uk
5 The Parade, Roath         WWW:   http://ralph.cs.cf.ac.uk/
Cardiff, CF24 3AA, UK       VOIP:  sip:17476235487 at proxy01.sipphone.com