[OS X TeX] source2e.(tex|pdf)

Martin Buchmann Martin.Buchmann at uni-jena.de
Wed Apr 26 14:41:11 CEST 2006

Hi Gerben, hi Bruno,

thanks for your answers. I understood a thread on the german maillist
TeX-D-L in that way, that the sources should also be installed.

If I look in e.g.
/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/tex/latex/base/article.cls i find the
lines

> %% This file has the LPPL maintenance status "maintained".
> %%
> %% This file may only be distributed together with a copy of the LaTeX
> %% base system. You may however distribute the LaTeX base system without
> %% such generated files.
> %%
> %% The list of all files belonging to the LaTeX base distribution is
> %% given in the file `manifest.txt'. See also `legal.txt' for additional
> %% information.

But neither `manifest.txt' nor `legal.txt' do exist in the directory
/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/tex/latex/base.

I do not want to criticize Gerben's or Thomas' work in any way, do not
get me wrong. I was just wondering and do not think that space could be
problem if we are talking about a few dtx files, etc.

Best regards
   Martin

--
The devil finds work for idle glands.