[OS X TeX] batch file renaming

Themis Matsoukas matsoukas at psu.edu
Tue Apr 18 04:34:57 CEST 2006

...this is not entirely OT:

I want to rename a bunch of files from foo.EPS to foo.eps, so that I
can open them in TeXShop and save them as pdf. What's a quick way to
do it? I could open the files in Preview and save them as pdf but it
prompts me each time where I want the pdf saved and that's a chore,
since I have quite a few files to convert. On the other hand, TeXShop
saves the pdf file automatically making the conversion easier, except
that it does not recognize the capitalized extension .EPS. Hence my
need for a quick way to rename files. I found a script in Library/
Scripts/Finder Scripts/ that almost does what I wanted, but I had to
change the extension first from .EPS to .whatever and then to .eps.

Is there a more elegant way?

Themis