[OS X TeX] terminal and tex4ht

Thomas Rike tricycle222 at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 18 01:01:19 CEST 2006

On Apr 17, 2006, at 3:01 PM, Victor Ivrii wrote:

> On 4/17/06, Thomas Rike <tricycle222 at earthlink.net> wrote:
>>
>> ~ trike$ which tex4ht
>> no tex4ht in /bin /sbin /usr/bin /usr/sbin /usr/local/bin
>>

> There are two questions:
>
> 1)  is tex4ht actually installed?
>
> Try to run in terminal
>
> % /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/tex4ht
>

> 2) Is the symbolic link
>
> /usr/local/bin/tex4ht ->
> /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/tex4ht
>
> created. However, this is the secondary question. The prime
> question is 1)

In answer to 1) The following line in the terminal produded an html
document on the desktop.

/usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/tex4ht /Users/trike/
Desktop/test1.dvi

as well as the line calling the intel chip

/usr/local/teTeX/bin/i386-apple-darwin-current/tex4ht /Users/trike/
Desktop/test2.dvi

In answer to 2) I don't see any binaries named tex in /usr/local/bin
Is there supposed to be a symbolic link there?

So it is just a matter of setting the path in the terminal, so it
will find teTeX before it searches bin. I see that Peter Dyballa has
written a detailed step by step process, but I don't know if I am up
to it. Thanks for the help.

Tom Rike