[OS X TeX] jurabib question

Winfried Zettelmeyer Winfried at Zettelmeyer.com
Thu Apr 13 01:01:11 CEST 2006

Dear all,
after having been told on the Bibdesk list that the following was
rather an affair of TeX-on-OS X, I turn to you for help:

I am new to BibDesk (1 month) and am focusing now a bit more on
detail of the output. I use the jurabib package which is great, but I
have 2 problems:
1) In my footnotes, created by dragging the key into the .tex file
(example: \footcite[, page 70]{key}),
there is no punctuation between the author's name and the document
title. It should be either a dot or a colon to separate both. Do I
have to add the colon in all my Author entries in the .bib file, or
is there an automated solution ?
2) when using
\footcite[, page 70]{key}
there is a space after the title (that is, after the year and before
the comma asked for in the command's square bracket), which is ugly.
How can this space be eliminated ?
Thanks in advance
Winfried