[OS X TeX] two-page split equation

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Apr 12 16:04:00 CEST 2006

On Apr 12, 2006, at 8:48 AM, Alain Schremmer wrote:

> I will certainly take your advice as I have been wondering if there
> is an underlying system to LaTeX or if all these beautiful packages
> are essentially ad hoc.
>
> Regards
> --schremmer

Howdy,

Actually the underlying system is TeX and the definitive, very well
written but dense book is Knuth's ``The TeXbook.'' All of the
primitive rules, etc., of TeX are contained there. I read and re-read
that book several times back in the `old days'' and even thought I
understood it pretty well but that was many years ago so I'm almost
back to ground zero now. Sigh...

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)