[OS X TeX] TeXShop Find/Replace using regexp

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Apr 8 15:09:38 CEST 2006

On Apr 8, 2006, at 7:41 AM, Bernhard Barkow wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Searching using regular expressions works fine, I just can't figure
> out how to use pattern matches in the Replace field; does anyone
> know if and how this is possible? (like using $0 in perl or php.) I
> wasn't able to find any documentation on that topic.
>
> TIA,
> Bernhard

Howdy,

I think by default OgreKit uses Ruby regex but don't know much about
that. If Find has (a)(b), Replace has \2\1 I can convert ab->ba;
i.e., the parentheses define the groups in Find and have default
integer names for the groups from left to right while the reference
to the group is \groupnumber. Umm... I'd test that out before going
berserk.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)