[OS X TeX] Float Question

Peter S. Burrage peter.s.burrage at Dartmouth.EDU
Sat Apr 8 04:08:52 CEST 2006

Hi all,

I'm am running into some issues with floating figures and tables. I've gone
through the "Mastering Floats" section of the Companion but still haven't
been able to track the answer down. My problem is the following: My thesis
requirements dictate that all figures and tables must be on a separate page
from the body of the text. I have been using the \begin{figure}[!p] command
with great success for figures although I've run into a snag when a table
and a figure are referenced in the same page of text. When the figure and
table are relatively small, they both are floated to the same page and I
can't figure out how to force the figure following the table to its own
page. My current commands look like this:

Text here, yaddah yaddah yaddah.
\begin{table}[!p]
    \caption{\label{Table of Stuff}Caption}
    \floatmark
    \begin{tabular}{c|c|c}
    \end{tabular}
\end{table}
Some more body text here (See Figure \ref{}).
\begin{figure}[!p]
    \includegraphics[width=6in]{fig}
    \caption{\label{Figure of Stuff.}Caption2.}
    \floatmark
\end{figure}

Any suggestions on how to push the Figure of Stuff to its own subsequent
float page?

Thanks very much!
Pete