[OS X TeX] Page scrolling in TeXSshop

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Fri Apr 7 13:37:40 CEST 2006

I was under the impression that the page scrolling issue in TeXShop
had been solved, namely that, in Multiple Page mode:

- Page-Up and Page-Down (or Fn-UpArrow and Fn-DownArrow on a
PowerBook) scrolled up and down one screen, respectively.

- Cmd-LeftArrow and Cmd-RightArrow (or the corresponding buttons in
the Preview window toolbar) moved to exactly the same position
(vertically and horizontally) in the previous and next pages,
respectively.

Alas, I'm realizing that the second is no longer true: using Cmd-
LeftArrow and Cmd-RightArrow moves to the top of the previous and
the page is preserved, but not the vertical one.

Some may consider it minor, but it's very annoying when you use it
daily. I thought this had been evoked and solved already. Is this a
regression in the latest versions? Or am I mistaken and the issue
that had been evoked already was the position when refreshing the
preview after a typeset, not the position when moving up or down one
page?

Or maybe this issue is atypical and not affecting most users? I am
facing it because I usually have the input and preview windows side-
by-side laterally on a 17" screen, each window taking about half the
width of the screen. Willing to play nice to my eyes, I use 200%
magnification in the preview window, and the placement of the page in
this window is set such that the margins are hidden outside the
window, with the text filling in most of the window. Screenshot at
<http://homepage.mac.com/bvoisin/.cv/bvoisin/Sites/.Public/
scrolling.png-zip.zip>. It's not nice to have to scroll vertically
manually every time you switch to another page, so that the upper
margin moves outside the window.

And Single Page mode doesn't fit well with a document you're also
planning to read continuously.

Bruno Voisin