[OS X TeX] Re: White vs. Transparent?

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Fri Apr 7 08:31:35 CEST 2006

Le 7 avr. 06 à 06:21, Bill Rowe a écrit :

> On 4/6/06 at 10:30 PM, maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl (Maarten Sneep) wrote:
>
>> Don't worry: a Mac will never come with Windows, you still have to
>> jump through hoops to get it, not to mention pay a lot of money to
>
> While I applaud the sentiment and think it is the most accurate
> prediction that could be made at this time, I will point out it
> wasn't that long ago a similarly strong statement would have been
> made about Intel processors in a Mac.

I can't remember exactly when and where, but on a Mac news site
(MacNN, or HardMac, or even maybe CNet News.com), some weeks or month
ago, I remember seeing a column in which some analyst (I think it was
a university professor) was predicting that, with the activity of
Apple being more and more biased towards the iPod and with Steve Jobs
jumping on the Disney board, Apple was now planning to ultimately
abandon the development of OS X: Apple would concentrate on making
Macs and iPods, and all these machines would run Windows.

Reading this had seemed silly at the time, but now it seems less
excentric, and a bit like it had felt when reading the first serious
rumour of Apple switching to Intel processors on Paul Thurrott's blog
<http://www.windowsitpro.com/Articles/Index.cfm?ArticleID=46175>
(just after the beginning of the 5:50pm section of 26 April 2005:
"This one's bizarre, but we heard at lunch today that Apple is
unhappy with the PowerPC production at IBM and will be switching to
Intel-compatible chips this very year. Yeah, seriously.").

More and more OT as it goes!