[OS X TeX] White vs. Transparent?

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Thu Apr 6 07:48:15 CEST 2006

Le 6 avr. 06 à 00:46, Victor Ivrii a écrit :

> On 4/5/06, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:
>
>> And how many folks out there will think that running Windowze on a
>> Mac will be safer than on another machine? I wonder how many folks
>> are going to get blown away by this. Not that there aren't legitimate
>> reasons to have to do this: my brother-in-law runs some custom
>> software for his work and that will only run under Windows.
>
> Security is a real issue: I would be very unhappy if something running
> under Windows
> (virus, trojan, M$ application) corrupted MacOSX partition. I know it
> happens with the
> double-boot Windows/Linux. So far I failed to find any mention about
> BootCamp placing
> Windoze in the sandbox

Apparently it doesn't: on Apple's Bootcamp page <http://www.apple.com/
macosx/bootcamp/> there's only the mention:

Word to the Wise
Windows running on a Mac is like Windows running on a PC. That means
it'll be subject to the same attacks that plague the Windows world.
So be sure to keep it updated with the latest Microsoft Windows
security fixes.