[luatex] luatex - font encoding for type 1 fonts

Pali Rohár pali.rohar at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 23:32:54 CEST 2016

On Saturday 25 June 2016 14:47:43 Hans Hagen wrote:
> Anyway, in the next context distribution upload (context also ships
> with a plain variant) I have added a loader script. If you use
> luaotfload you probably have to wait for an update at their end. The
> luatex-plain format that ships with context can do this then:
>
> \font\foo=file:luatex-plain-tfm.lua:tfm=csr10;enc=csr;pfb=csr10 at
> 12pt
>
> \foo áäčďěíĺľňóôŕřšťúýž fiets ff ffi
>
> \bye

Great, that looks really good!

What I still do not understand is why it is needed to specify enc=csr.
Encoding vector is present in PFB file.

Also, I have another question, is there ability to load PK font file
(generated from MetaFont)? Specifying metric file (tfm) and encoding
vector (enc) should work similarly (or maybe same?) as for Type 1 PFB
font.

> (It uses a few helpers from the existing font code, like cached
> saves resources and is also more generic than hard coded font
> vectors. It's still a pitty that these csr fonts don't come as a
> full package like plr which has afm files too; in which case the
> regular afm/pfb loader could be used instead. I only tested
> csr10.tfm / csr10.pfb / css.enc as I don't want to install the whole
> lot.

If one is working, others must too.

Where I can find your changes, so I could test it? Ideally if I could
download tex/lua files into working directory and use system luatex
instead building whole texlive and luatex from some sources...

--
Pali Rohár
pali.rohar at gmail.com